Thứ Hai, 11 tháng 3, 2019

Hot trending KingTees Shop 11/03

Dinosaur T-rex teacher Saurus raw shirtDinosaur T-rex teacher Saurus raw shirt
Being born with a terminal disease wasn’t something I could go back and change but choosing to rewire my thoughts from what was supposed to happen to what I was going to do about it was something I could. So instead of letting my prognosis instill fear I chose to let it ignite a fire, one that would fuel me to create a life that wasn’t bound by the limitations of my disease but rather built upon the limitless opportunities hidden inside of me. And the foundation of which these opportunities were built was the exact place where love was cultivated, faith was strengthened, and hope was found. That was something the internet didn’t tell me, and it was something so beautiful and worth living for. 


Diabetes Awareness Cancer Eye ShirtDiabetes Awareness Cancer Eye Shirt
Today I am 28 years old. I’d be lying if I said the thought of prematurely dying doesn’t creep into the back of my mind from time to time. It especially hits during those weary moments where my body is hooked up to machines under fluorescent lights and is fighting for its life. But in those moments is also where some of my most transformative experiences have happened. It’s where my greatest lessons are  learned in my toughest messes, where purpose is found in my pain, and where an untapped strength is found in my struggle.


Butterfly Sunflower Country life shirtButterfly Sunflower Country life shirt
Fifteen years ago I feared my journey on this earth would end much sooner than I had anticipated. As it turned out that laptop became the first of many that facilitated the path to achieving my goals. Because of technology and the accessibility of laptops I was able to graduate from college, start a blog about living with SMA, become a freelance writer and social media strategist, and establish my own nonprofit organization dedicated to fundraising research efforts for future SMA treatments. A lot of life has been packed into these years, and at the end of the day, I believe that’s what truly matters most.


I’m actually not funny I’m just mean and people think I’m joking shirtI'm actually not funny I'm just mean and people think I'm joking shirt
Today I am 28 years old. I’d be lying if I said the thought of prematurely dying doesn’t creep into the back of my mind from time to time because living with SMA means living with daily struggles and living in the dark in terms of what the future holds. I cannot walk, have trouble breathing and swallowing, and have the majority of my muscle strength confined to my fingers. In weaker moments, moments where my limiting abilities collide with my aspirations and dreams—living on my own, not always being dependent on others, working harder towards my goals in spite of my exhausted body—I feel its debilitating impact. It especially hits during the moments where my body is hooked up to machines under fluorescent lights and is fighting for its life. But in those moments is also where some of my most transformative experiences have happened. It’s where my greatest lessons are learned in my toughest messes, where purpose is found in my pain, and where an untapped strength is found in my struggle.“


Skeleton St Patrick Irish Dabbing shirtSkeleton St Patrick Irish Dabbing shirt
“My life took a dramatic turn – on Paradise Lane of all places. This road is the last road my husband would drive and the first place I would have to face a new life. A life I did not choose, one I did not want, one that brought unimaginable pain, sadness, and fear. More emotional, physical, and mental turmoil than one human should not have to bear.


Elephant I didn’t give you the gift of life life gave me the gift of you shirtElephant I didn't give you the gift of life life gave me the gift of you shirt
What happened at Paradise Lane? It is quite the story. It all started with a pregnant woman, an episode of a sappy TV show and a man dancing in a child’s birthday party hat. This is how my day started, one very unseasonably warm Minnesota day in November – the Saturday after Thanksgiving. One would never guess that by the end of the day I would find myself returning back to this same room where laughter and joy once filled the space, to now a room filled with immense anxiety, uncontrollable pacing, and pure and utter heartache.


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét